Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Book Number 10

Bangkok 8 by John Burdett

bangkok-8-brit.jpeg-copyI've have had my eye on this book for a long time and it was recently lent to me by a friend. (See his review)

I have to say that this is one of the most engaging books I have read in awhile. The setting and details are novel and engaging. You become wrapped up in this story of a low ranking Thai cop pursuing the killers of a US Marine among the Bangkok underworld of sex and drugs. I felt it was a little unfortunate that the ending got out of the authors control. That complaint is minor, though, and I would heartily recommend you check this one out.

1 comment:

OlmanFeelyus said...

This was very similar to my dad's criticism. He really enjoyed it but felt that the ending was just too exaggerated and went a little crazy. I thought it sort of worked. The whole book is kind of teetering on the edge of cyberpunk sci-fi and that just kind of pushed it over. But it was a bit much.