Tuesday, April 19, 2005

NetGames?

Wow, I haven't posted since the 2nd! This whole employment thing sure puts a cramp in blogging.

*~*

I have been using NetFlix since January and so far have nothing but good things to say about them. All the movies & tv shows I want come quickly and with no hassle. In many cases the turnaround time is as low as 2 days. Still, I am very close to one of the major distribution centers in Maryland.

There was an article in the WSJ today about the nascent game-by-mail industry. There are a lot of small fry right now that all charge about $20/month to have 2 games out at a time. It doesn't seem to make too much economic sense to me in addition to having an online movie rental service. But if one of the big boys (Blockbuster, NetFlix or Wal-Mart) had a mixed service I think it would go off.

No comments: